Friday, 31 January 2014

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Review

24HR MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO EYESHADOW IN METALLIC POMEGRANATEON AND ON BRONZE & ETERNAL GOLD

When you're in a rush in the morning, eyeshadow can be a real annoyance. I'll whack out my palette, brush on whatever shade I'm feeling and just as I'm finished I'll realise I've covered not only my eyelids with the eyeshadow, but also my cheeks too. Damn that fall-out. I got these cream eyeshadows last year and boy, I'm so glad I did. 

I started my collection with On and On Bronze, being a massive bronze lover and got on with it instantly. This shade is that typical summery bronze and is, and will continue to be my favourite and most used. For Christmas I got Metallic Pomegranate and Eternal Gold. Metallic Pomegranate is a cranberry shade which at first I was a bit scared of trying, I don't quite know why now! I can tell it would look beautiful on a brown eye. Eternal Gold is a bit less pigmented than the other two, but great nonetheless. A bog-standard shimmer gold. I love using this as a base underneath a pinky shade from my Naked 3 palette, it gives a beauty pink gold look!

The quality of all of these are excellent, great pigmentation and easy to use. I love the upmarket glass packaging, although some have said if the lids not on right it can dry out so be careful of that! Each colour can be built up for the desired look and they blend beautifully. They cost £4.99 from Superdrug/Boots and are definitely worth trying!

7 comments :

  1. Eternal Gold looks awesome for a glam makeup look. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww i expected them to be pricier than that! A fiver isn't bad at all! That bronze shade looks gorgeous :) What's the staying power of these like? I have quite oily eyelids (weird, i know) and always have to use a primer if i want my eyeshadow to last more than half an hour aha

    www.mermaidhairandtoomuchmakeup.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, pretty good deal really!! Well I find they last a very long time, all day really! So 12 hours at least? I wouldn't know how long it'd be for oily eyelids though! They're definitely worth a try xx

      Delete
  3. I love these! Pink gold and on and on bronze are my favourites :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if the gold one isn't very pigmented, I still like how it looks :)
    It's great to give a little shine to the eye :)

    Ines Loves
    Have a lovely day! <3
    XOXO
    IT *

    ReplyDelete
  5. On and on bronze looks laaaavly. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didnt see them at maybelline. They are absolutely stunning! I want to try if I can find ofcourse :) Perfect!
    http://blckpearlstyle.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them. If you have any questions which have a quick answer then tweet me at @lucyc0le or send me an email!

All content © Lucy Cole unless otherwise stated.